Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sinai




Sometimes the path of life seems to take on a clearer quality, like a curving river that sweeps forward certainly. I have been in such a phase lately. It may have started with a visit to Sinai in Egypt last year. Above you see a Bedouin campfire in the desert. We sat on rugs and ate and chatted, watched by a thousand brilliant stars. Sinai is where Moses is believed to have received the Ten Commandments. I climbed up there with a group of tourists to the monastery. For a while I stood in the crowded church with its mish mash of incense burners, trying to pray. At last, with little sense of success I stopped to leave. As I was queuing for the way out I was caught in a beam of intense sunlight. In my mind it seemed as though God was saying, as he says to all of us, 'I love you. Come join my dance.' It was a moment of realising the immense freedom of love. The call is there, we choose whether to accept it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home