Monday, November 13, 2006

Natural Grace

One day last week I turned to my book shelf and suddenly noticed an intriguing book that I had not noticed before. I think a PR company may have sent it to me at the Millennium, but I had entirely forgotten its existence. Quite suddenly it seemed to be time to read that book. 'Natural Grace' by Matthew Fox and Rupert Sheldrake is a dialogue between a scientist and a priest, looking at ways of understanding faith through science and science through faith.. I started reading and for four days I hardly put it down, I seemed to be borne along, nourished by the wave of creativity and grace pouring out of the book. It Perhaps the strongest precept within it was that creation is sacred. It wasn't that I agreed with every idea in the book, but that it seemed to turn me back towards life and towards the grace inherent in creation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home