Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Zimbabwe

When I visited Zimbabwe ten years ago it was a paradise. The people were easy and hard working. The country was colourful with wild animals of the kind found in children's books. I remember the steam trains with their old fashioned guards, the half elegant, half primitive carvings at Victoria Falls. I remember taking lifts from strangers and thinking nothing of it. I dived over the gorge at the Falls and saw the sapphire river shine below me. On the Zambezi I saw hippos and I galloped with zebras in a game park. It hurts to think what has become of Zimbabwe now.

Sign this petition to urge world leaders to place sanctions to end Robert Mugabe's brutal regime that is causing such devastation of Zimbabwe. http://www.avaaz.org/en/zimbabwe/?cl=2389448

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home