Saturday, December 22, 2007

Welcome, Tony

There's something rather special about Tony Blair being confirmed into the Roman Catholic Church on this Christmas night. Somehow it seems rather miraculous. It reminds me of my own conversion ten years ago. It makes me feel glad for him, because he has discovered how special the theology of Catholicism is. And it makes me feel proud, because its nice to have someone (even a slightly unpopular former PM) endorsing one's decision. And it also makes me feel sad for him, because I know what a tough place the Catholic Church can be. Most of all I feel that deep, intense happiness that you just can't explain, because it is joy. My prayers are with him tonight. My hope is that he will be a great light in the Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home